We care about your health and your comfort. That is why we offer different options for ensuring that you are as comfortable and stress-free as possible during your dental procedures at The Dental of Den of Allen.
It is important to note that all sedation applied at our office is done under the supervision of professionals who are well trained and care about your comfort and health. Some types of sedation require that you have a driver to bring you home from your appointment. Some sedation methods will take longer than others to wear off. You will be completely informed by our team on what to expect prior to your procedure.
Nitrous Oxide (Laughing Gas)
One of the most common forms of a mild dental sedation is nitrous oxide, often called “laughing gas. Nitrous Oxide is a safe and extremely effective way to manage anxiety of patients and to provide a pleasant experience during a dental procedure. The process for administering nitrous oxide:
- A face mask is placed over your nose
- While breathing normally, a mixture of oxygen and nitrous oxide begin to flow through the mask
- You will begin to feel a tingling or lightheadedness (these are perfectly normal feelings)
- At the end of the procedure, we will either turn the mask off and let the effects wear off or (depending on your level of sedation) we will give you some oxygen through the mask
We employ a variety of oral sedation methods to our patients to help them feel safe and comfortable during any procedure. Depending on the patient, procedure and level of sedation we are looking for we may use oral sedation such as novocain or an under-the-tongue sedation medication.
Dr. Ward was very professional and honest about exactly what I needed for my cleaning. She saw me on short notice and was very friendly and answered all my questions. I feel more educated on taking care of my teeth and I would highly recommend her to anyone! Thank you Dr. Ward and staff! You are all wonderful!
Very nice office, staff was very friendly and Dr.Ward was amazing. After having a bad dental experience it was so nice to go into a office and feel so welcomed and having Dr. Ward doing my work made me so relaxed and was able to feel comfortable in the dental chair again. Will definitely be recommending Dr. Ward to friends and family.
Please complete this form to contact us online. If you need immediate assistance, please call us at (972) 808-6636
The Dental Den of Allen
960 Ridgeview Drive
Allen, Texas 75013
- Most Insurance Plans Accepted
- New Patients Always Welcome!
- Same-Day Emergency Appointments Available
Hours of Operation
Saturday: By appointment only
- La Mayoría de los Planes de Seguro Aceptados
- ¡Nuevos pacientes siempre son bienvenidos!
- Citas de emergencia disponibles el mismo día